Dental Emergencies in St. Marys
Same day treatment
We understand that dental emergencies do occur, and we will get you in the same day, during regular business hours.
Our priorities are to relieve any pain you may be experiencing, correct any immediate problems and treat any infection. If additional treatment is required, we will create a plan for addressing these issues in a future appointment.
Our caring and compassionate staff will make you feel welcome and put you at ease. Your doctor will listen to your concerns, answer any questions you have, and explain what needs to be done.
Tips for dental emergencies
- Knocked out tooth – Put the tooth back in place so that it’s level with your other teeth. Gently bite down on gauze to help keep it in place. Or you should use a tooth preservation product that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance. Click here for more information.
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth with warm water, then attempt to remove any particles of food with floss. If there is swelling, apply a cold compress to the area on the outside of your mouth.
- Dental abscess – Call our office immediately. A dental abscesses can lead to serious infection if not treated right away. To ease any pain and to help draw the infection to the surface, rinse your mouth with a mild saltwater solution of ½ teaspoon salt in 8 ounces of water several times a day.
- Loose crown – First, prepare the inside of the crown with over-the-counter dental cement, denture adhesive or even toothpaste. Then attempt to place it back onto the tooth. You can also just bring the crown with you to our office.
- Lost dental filling – Seal the empty space with sugarless gum or over-the-counter dental cement.
- Broken tooth – Save all pieces and rinse your mouth with warm water. If bleeding or pain, apply a cold compress to the area outside of the mouth.
For more tips on how to take care of an emergency dental situation, visit the American Dental Association’s patient information page on dental emergencies.
Monday – Thursday: 9 to 5
Fridays by appointment only.
Map and address:
Parker & Pennington Dentistry
368 Charlie Smith Hwy.
St. Marys, GA 31558
To make an appointment, call 912-297-6659 or click here to request an appointment online.